||The statutes of S.I.T.A.
ART. 1 - NATURE
The "Società Internazionale Tommaso d'Aquino" (International Society of Thomas Aquinas) is a cultural, autonomous association, of an international character framed according to the norms of present Italian law, whose aim is to promote a deeper dialogue between the thought of St. Thomas and the culture of our time.
ART. 2 - GOALS
The "Società Internazionale Tommaso d'Aquino" sets us the following goals:
- the profound and up-dated study of Aquinas' work;
- the diffusion of his teaching;
- the examination of fundamental contemporary problems, especially those regarding Christian thought, in the light of his teaching.
ART. 3 - MEMBERS
The "Società Internazionale Tommaso d'Aquino" is open to all. Those who took part in the foundation of the society are considered founder members.
In order to be an ordinary member, it is required:
- to adhere to the nature and goals of the society;
- to have a degree or equivalent cultural title;
- to be admitted by the Director's Council.
Who contributes in a notable way to the goals of the society, can be counted as a collaborating mamber.
ART. 4 - ACTIVITIES
For the attainment of its goals, the "Società Internazionale Tommaso d'Aquino" establishes for itself the following activities:
- to promote the constitution of local study groups, possibly meeting in national sessions, to study the problems of theology, phylosophy, and human and natural sciences, even at an interdisciplinary level;
- to organize seminars, courses, meetings, and congresses on a regional and international basis, and pubblications consonant with the ends and the nature of the society;
- to collaborate with other centers that favor the investigation or Thomistic thought and its dialogue with modern culture.
ART. 5 - ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...